Saturday 17 April 2010

the big day!


this was the moment of truth, d- day. what i had been waiting for year and half.


my time had come.


went through to book in on floor 1 on chancellor wing at 7.15. several people got called to next floor then the others through on this floor. this left little me on my own!! wondering if they had forgotten me. (violins playing- lol)

the receptionist at 8,30 came to ask if i was alright and said she'll ask why i ahdnt been called through yet. apparently i should be upstairs so as i got though on level 2. the nurses were panicking and they blamed downstairs and vice versa. also the consultant mr Morrell was also panicking. they had rung both of my parents to find out where i was.

i had 2 mins to get changed into gown. saw mr morrell who said i had very irregular corneas and then 5 min later i was walking down to theatre. (didnt expect things this quick.)

Well, here i am, my new cornea and me. mr morrelll said it went better than expected because of the state of my corneas, the underneath layers were ok. God witnessed to me at that point to say yes i did it- thats why. (i had previously prayed that god would be the hands of the surgeon.

about 6pm got taken to bevers wing where i was staying overnight. the time went so slow. everybody else had different ops and had local anaesthetic so they went home.

spent time in the lounge with tv but just listened to sound as could not see owt. then i think the anasthetic wore off and my eye swelled up and was so painful i went to lie down.

that night was bit blur, i had one of my pre warnings of a epileptic fit and it was horrible. didnt sleep much. the bed was made for somene half my height.

No comments:

Post a Comment