Saturday 17 April 2010

day 1-







My new cornea and me- you can still see the arrow that Mr morrelll put on.



Mr Morrell came to see me at 8.30 and said it went rally well and was looking fine.



about 2 hours later i had a seizure in the toilet. whoops. the nurses got me sorted and i waited for transport to take me home. Food was ok but after having tubes etc in my throat i was dry as a bone, my throat felt as though it had been cut. yep you guessed not many drinks- not like my local hospital then.



Got home about 3pm. at last i was home.


getting bout the flat was a different matter. things were a bit better than before the op but it was getting very frustrating.


went for the easy thing - Ordered a takeaway

putting drops in was fun. kept hitting and missing and it tasted horrible.

Cloramphenicol- 4 x day

Dexamethasone- every 2 hours.

first i had to ungunk my eye- painful is not the word.



my pastor came round to see how i was and bought some shopping for me. am not allowed to bend like normal so she put on my socks and put me eye drops in. very humbling!!



lovely to be in my own bed though.











No comments:

Post a Comment